A few years ago, you were probably one of the many who had never heard of anal bleaching. Who could have predicted it would become so popular?
Today, anal bleaching is a cultural phenomenon that has spawned hundreds of products designed to help those with pigmentation insecurities feel more confident.
While it might seem absurd, embarrassing, or unnecessary to some, it has boosted revenues at spas and salons that offer this service, and has created emerging companies that specialize in quality anal bleaching products. It’s undeniable that this type of intimate bleaching has become its own industry, and has actively transformed the lives of consumers.
How did this trend escalate? Where did it all begin? How has it become so popular? These are questions you might be wondering, and there are several answers that explain this type of skin bleaching’s sudden rise in popularity and commercial success.
Let’s identify a few reasons for anal bleaching’s crazy success.
1) Brazilian Waxes Popularity
Anal bleaching would probably never exist if it weren’t for this other beauty phenomenon. Before anus bleaching, Brazilian waxes were one of the only trends for those with intimate cosmetic needs, mostly for women. Removing hair from intimate areas was not very popular until Brazilian wax provided a solution for hair removal that surpassed traditional razor shaving.
Some of the ways Brazilian waxing has contributed to the popularity of anus bleaching include:
- Broken Stigma: Brazilian waxing is still one of the most popular waxing styles among women and is more commonplace than when it first entered the market. It’s important because it helped break a stigma around genital shaving and pubic hair care, allowing for more people to benefit from managed hair growth to their liking. Brazilian waxing caused users to take a closer look at their genitals and consider their appearance as much as their face, hair, and skin.
- Created Opportunity: Brazilian wax users eventually realized that their skin was darker on certain genital spots than desired, and quickly sought a remedy that would even out their body’s entire complexion. This explains why anal bleaching followed: with the demand for a process to alter genital pigmentation came a new method.
Since then, both Brazilian waxing and anus bleaching have helped those unhappy with their genital appearance receive a fast-acting solution.
2) Adult Film Popularity
Pornography is still considered taboo, but it continues to quickly rise in popularity thanks to the internet. Therefore, men and women are less ashamed to talk about sex. And because sex has become less of a taboo topic in culture, people are able to be more comfortable being vulnerable about their own sexuality and anatomy.
- Anal Bleaching Models: Adult film stars are not only public models for sex, but also for body care. They’ve popularized anal bleaching by showcasing their bodies in their work. Pornography continues to demonstrate sex and beauty trends, and skin lightening creams have re-defined what the naked body looks like.
- Creation of Beauty Standard: Both men and women noticed this trend in pornography and wanted to adapt their own bodies to adhere to this standard. While anus bleaching popularity in pornography might have made this trend a beauty standard, it’s important to remember that it specifically suits people who are unhappy with their genital pigment discoloration. It is not a requirement for everyone to look or feel beautiful. However, pornography modeling of anal bleaching made those unhappy with their own genitals more comfortable to invest in a cream.
- Industry Contribution: The porn industry has also contributed to the advancement of the skin lightening industry with several companies retailing their own creams and products on porn sites, targeted to those in their 20’s and 30’s.
3) Social Media Popularity
Like all industries following the social media boom, intimate bleaching has benefited from word of mouth spread by influencers. Porn actors and models have campaigned for companies, or spoken highly of specific products individually.
- Targeted Ads: Targeted ads on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube have also made it possible for information about anus bleaching to spread faster. Companies have the ability to market ads towards individuals most likely to be interested in skin lightening creams, and have since built a following of loyal users.
- Online Availability: The internet has allowed people to receive information about anal bleaching privately, letting them do research and order products without fear of embarrassment. Because of the internet’s wealth of resources, those interested can access a variety of products. It’s now easy for anyone to invest in intimate skin lightening products.
- Forum Discussion: Conversations about anus bleaching blossomed on sites designed to host discussions among users such as Reddit. In specific groups, chatrooms, and beauty-related forums, the first users of these bleaching methods contributed their own perspective on the method, how it worked, and why others should use it. Users were also able to compare products and share which ingredients to look out for when purchasing. Online forums gave people an opportunity to discuss skin lightening methods in an anonymous space without having to vulnerably consult with a doctor, which can be embarrassing for some.
- Online Reviews: Sites such as Amazon have sections on all products sold through their site for purchasers to leave reviews for future buyers to investigate. Various reviewers flooded these sections and left either approving or critical reviews about a bleaching cream’s effectiveness or phony promises. Online users defined what products were quality on the marketplace, and the industry adjusted accordingly.
4) FDA Approval
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allowed for anal bleaching to move away from a mysterious and alarming sounding product toward normalization.
The FDA approved several products such as Amaira and categorized these as generally safe, which relieved the general public of their concerns and gave people enough security to test the products themselves.
Although the FDA approved the best anus bleaching products on the market, it’s important to remember that they have not banned toxic ingredients found in certain creams. The chemical hydroquinone, which was popular in early anal bleaching creams because of its quick effectiveness, but has since been found to cause nasty side effects such as rashes, burns, and other irritable skin conditions.
Hydroquinone has been linked to harmful skin conditions like ochronosis and skin cancer, so it’s important to stay away and check labels. Always investigate creams before purchasing to ensure that you’re using a product with quality ingredients. Quality products use Arbutin instead of hydroquinone, a fast-acting ingredient that protects the skin from irritation.
The FDA requires all products to list their ingredients on the label, making it easy to find the information you’ll need to protect your body.
5) Spa and Salon Offering
Interest in anal bleaching didn’t just grow because of internet activity and pornography – beauty professionals contributed to anal bleaching’s success by simply offering this service at salons and spas throughout the nation.
- Public Availability: In-store availability of anal bleaching services brought this practice further into the mainstream. The fact that a customer could drive to a location and receive anal bleaching treatment made this option seem more realistic. No longer was this a service that you could only read about online – now you could go to your favorite spa and experience it yourself.
- Professional Care: Suddenly, it was possible to receive intimate bleaching from an industry professional. This made the entire process seem less daunting. Just like going to a salon to receive a new hair color, people put trust into professionals to help their pigment discoloration.
- In-Store Retail: Like the pornography industry’s creation of anal bleaching products, salons and spas carried their own remedies. After a session, customers also had the option to purchase their own cream for at home use. For those that prefer to shop in person, this made it possible for them to easily pick up home care products while running errands or immediately after a beauty appointment.
Because beauty centers are managed by experts in the field, and their approval and acceptance of this trend made regular customers at spas and salons around the country more comfortable and curious about the process.
Like any popular trend, the more anal bleaching became known, the more it became used. This type of skin lightening has endured a fascinating road towards industry success and popularity.
Although the trend started out as a taboo and somewhat frightening endeavor, anal bleaching has transformed into a highly popular and satisfying product for consumers.
With years of marketplace presence, companies have perfected their products and figured out which ingredients are not only safest, but also most effective. Public showcasing in pornography and written testimonials on forums and through social media have created a culture in which those who use bleaching treatments can feel comfortable.
Not only has it created a profitable industry, but it has also helped those insecure with their genitals to feel happier with their overall appearance. It might seem like a bizarre trend, but its popularity is proof of its cultural impact and effectiveness. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!